The Advanced Certificate in Facial Acupuncture program is a unique opportunity for acupuncturists and acupuncture students to acquire skills and knowledge necessary to qualify for basic facial acupuncture certification while working towards an advanced certificate in facial acupuncture. For almost 20 years Michelle Gellis has been teaching facial and cosmetic acupuncture classes internationally. She is now offering the opportunity for acupuncturists to deepen and widen their knowledge of facial and cosmetic acupuncture through an advanced certificate program.
The Advanced Certificate in Facial Acupuncture Program consists of:
- Recorded lectures
- Hands-on practice
- Live mentoring sessions online.
Acquire precision needling skills, knowledge in all areas of facial and cosmetic acupuncture within your budget and according to your time schedule.
Q: WHAT SUBJECTS WILL BE TAUGHT?
A: The curriculum covers:
- Basic Cosmetic Acupuncture — theory, protocols, techniques and precautions/contraindications
- Advanced Facial Acupuncture — protocols for difficult conditions and treating the neck
- Facial Cupping and Facial GuaSha — all of the protocols and skills you will need, including how to use the tools properly and which tools are best.
- Derma rolling — how to incorporate it into your treatments
- Skin care 101 — to share with your patients including products which works seamlessly with your treatments
- Treating neuromuscular facial conditions — such as Bell’s palsy, TMJ, trigeminal neuralgia and others
- Scalp Acupuncture — for treating neuromuscular facial conditions
- Facial Motor Points — for neuromuscular and cosmetic applications
- Submuscular needling — techniques unique to Michelle Gellis for treating stubborn conditions
- Facial acupuncture self care for acupuncturists — so that you can look and feel your best
- Microneedling for acupuncturists — comprehensive microneedle training designed specifically for acupuncturists
- Safety — treating the face is unique and safety is of the utmost importance
- The anatomy of expression — learn how our emotions affect our face and how our facial expressions affect our inner world
- Chinese face reading — learn the art of Chinese face reading from Dr. Cameron Bishop
- Spirit of the points on the face — with Lonny Jarrett
Q: HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK?
A: Once you enroll you will choose a hands-on class to attend. You have 12 months to watch the videos. During that time you may participate in a monthly discussion/mentoring session which will be held online.
Q: DO I NEED TO FINISH ALL THE CLASSES TO GET MY CEUs?
A: No. As you progress through the program you will accumulate your CEUs.
Q: CAN I TAKE THE PROGRAM IF I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE?
A: YES! The course is appropriate for acupuncture students (clinic level) and above as well as licensed acupuncturists. Licensed acupuncturists will receive CEUs in addition to the certificate after completing the full course; unlicensed students will be able to receive the Advanced Certificate if they can complete their licensing and take the hands-on portion within the year. All students will be able to participate in the monthly mentoring session with Michelle.
Q: ARE ALL CLASSES TAUGHT BY MICHELLE GELLIS?
A: Not all classes. There are guest speakers such as Lonny Jarrett, (spirit of the points on the face), Cameron Bishop (Chinese face reading), and Dr. Kym Caporale (microneedle skincare products).
Q: ARE THERE STUDENT DISCOUNTS?
A: There are no student discounts for the full year program, however, we do offer student discounts those who would like to attend/observe hands-on sessions.
Q: WHAT IF I CAN’T FINISH THE PROGRAM IN ONE YEAR?
A: You may add additional time for incomplete webinars for a small administrative fee.
Q: I’VE ALREADY TAKEN ONE OR MORE OF MICHELLE’S CLASSES, CAN I STILL PARTICIPATE?
A: OF COURSE! As a former student of Michelle’s you will have an opportunity to watch the lectures and videos over and over again to acquire new knowledge, and CEUs.
Q: I’M CONCERNED ABOUT COVID, WHAT PRECAUTIONS ARE YOU TAKING IN YOUR HANDS-ON CLASSES?
A: Currently all students are required to wear an N95 or higher mask AND show proof of vaccination or a negative Covid test not older than 72 hours before participating in a hands-on class.
Q: Can I just sign up for the monthly mentoring sessions?
A: Absolutely! If you would like to sign up for the once a month mentoring sessions, use the contact us button and we will provide you with the details.
If you would like more information on the program, please use the “contact us” box on our website and we will get back to you promptly.