Treating Neuromuscular Facial Conditions: Part 1. Taught by Michelle Gellis LAc MAc DiplAc Instructor, MD University of Integrative Health. Ms. Gellis has published an article on A-Multifaceted-Approach-to-the-Acupuncture-Treatment-of-Neuromuscular-Facial-Conditions. This 7 CEU class is the first in a two part series which provides needling protocols such as: Intramuscular needling of the face, scalp acupuncture, facial cupping, auricular points, and motor points.
The knowledge gained in this acupuncture webinar will be used in the second part of the webinar which covers how to treat various diseases and disorders which affect the proper functioning of facial muscles and nerve such as: Bells Palsy, Ptosis, Shingles, TMJ, Stroke,Trigeminal Neuralgia, MS and others.
This class qualifies for 7 NCCAOM PDA points (CEUs)
The skills taught in this class will be immediately applicable in your practice.
Treating Neuromuscular Facial Conditions: Part 1 includes:
- review point location for face points and extra points on face
- learn intramuscular needling of facial points
- learn scalp acupuncture needed for treatment of facial conditions
- learn facial cupping protocols
- learn motor points on scalp and face needed for treatment of facial conditions
- review auricular points used to treat facial conditions
- Webinar runs approximately 4 hrs. including breaks.
- Handouts and video links included
- Video demonstrations
Links to download the video and any documents or handouts will be included on your payment receipt.