If you have already enrolled, log in to your account to view your content.
Enroll in Michelle Gellis’ Advanced Certification program to earn acupuncture CEUs while learning new protocols for facial and cosmetic acupuncture, facial cupping, gua sha, and microneedling. After completing all components of this course, you will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to bring facial acupuncture to your patients in a safe, effective manner. The skills you learn will bring immediate value to your practice.
PLEASE NOTE: This in-depth program is designed for licensed acupuncturists and medical professionals trained in acupuncture, NOT those only trained in “dry needling”. You must be licensed to practice acupuncture in order to participate in hands-on practice.
This comprehensive facial and cosmetic acupuncture program includes
- One year of access the following suite of recorded CEU webinars including lecture videos, demos, and handouts:
- Module 1: Patient Intake, Diagnosis, Contraindications
- Module 2: Theory, Protocols
- Module 3: Chinese Face Reading, Skincare, Telemedicine
- Module 4: Cupping, Gua Sha, Dermaroller
- Module 5: Advanced Protocols
- Treating Neuromuscular Facial Conditions Part 1 and Part 2
- Anatomy of Expression Part 1 and Part 2
- Facial Acupuncture Self-Care
- Microneedling for Acupuncturists
- Safely Needling the Face
- Admission to one of Michelle’s full day hands-on practice sessions:
- February 6, 2022 – Gainesville, FL – Dragon Rises College
- March 20, 2022 – Scottsdale, AZ – Courtyard by Marriott Old Town
- May 1, 2022 – San Diego, CA – Hotel Republic San Diego
- May 22, 2022 – Chicago, IL – Springhill Suites by Marriott O’Hare
- June 19, 2022 – Maryland (location TBD)
- June 26, 2022 – Edison, NJ (location TBD)
- August 21, 2022 – Seattle, WA – Courtyard Seattle Downtown Pioneer Square
- August 28, 2022 – Calgary, AB – Marriott Downtown
- September 25, 2022 – Boulder, CO – Boulder Marriott
- December 4, 2022 – Sarasota, FL (location TBD)
- PLEASE NOTE: Hands-on classes require KN-95 or higher mask AND proof of vaccination or negative Covid test less than 72 hours old.
- Monthly, one-hour online Q+A sessions with Michelle (last Sunday of each month at 11am US Eastern Time)
- Once you have completed all the components, you will have earned a total of 75 CEUs.
- Cost: $1,675
You will be required to create an account when you check out—with this account you will be able to view the program content. Please note: access will expire 365 days after enrollment. After passing each recorded webinar’s quiz, Michelle Gellis will review your results and you will receive your CEUs via email within 2–3 business days. Your live CEUs will be awarded after you attend your hands-on session.
Note: if you cannot complete the full course within the first 365 days, you can purchase a 30-day extension of any recorded webinar (see individual listing to purchase). If you cannot attend your chosen hands-on session, you may switch to another location.
3 easy steps to enroll in the Advanced Certification program:
1. Click the button below to add the Advanced Certification package to your cart.
2. Click one of the hands-on sessions below to add it to your cart (cost of one session will be deducted from your total):
3. Review your cart and checkout to complete your registration.
Notice for Live Classes: All hands-on classes require KN-95 or higher mask AND proof of vaccination or negative Covid test less than 72 hours old.
FAQ for Michelle Gellis’ Advanced Certificate in Facial Acupuncture Program
Q: WHAT SUBJECTS WILL BE TAUGHT?
A: The curriculum covers:
- Basic Cosmetic Acupuncture — theory, protocols, techniques and precautions/contraindications
- Advanced Facial Acupuncture — protocols for difficult conditions and treating the neck
- Facial Cupping and Facial GuaSha — all of the protocols and skills you will need, including how to use the tools properly and which tools are best.
- Derma rolling — how to incorporate it into your treatments
- Skin care 101 — to share with your patients including products which works seamlessly with your treatments
- Treating neuromuscular facial conditions — such as Bell’s palsy, TMJ, trigeminal neuralgia and others
- Scalp Acupuncture — for treating neuromuscular facial conditions
- Facial Motor Points — for neuromuscular and cosmetic applications
- Submuscular needling — techniques unique to Michelle Gellis for treating stubborn conditions
- Facial acupuncture self care for acupuncturists — so that you can look and feel your best
- Microneedling for Acupuncturists — comprehensive microneedle training designed specifically for acupuncturists
- Safety — treating the face is unique and safety is of the utmost importance
- The anatomy of expression — learn how our emotions affect our face and how our facial expressions affect our inner world
- Chinese face reading — learn the art of Chinese face reading from Dr. Cameron Bishop
- Spirit of the points on the face — with Lonny Jarrett
Q: HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK?
A: Once you enroll you will choose a hands-on class to attend. You have 12 months to watch the videos. During that time you may participate in a monthly discussion/mentoring session which will be held online.
Q: DO I NEED TO FINISH ALL THE CLASSES TO GET MY CEUs?
A: No. As you progress through the program you will accumulate your CEUs.
Q: CAN I TAKE THE PROGRAM IF I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE?
A: YES! The course is appropriate for acupuncture students (clinic level) and above as well as licensed acupuncturists. Licensed acupuncturists will receive CEUs in addition to the certificate after completing the full course; unlicensed students will be able to receive the Advanced Certificate if they can complete their licensing and take the hands-on portion within the year. All students will be able to participate in the monthly mentoring session with Michelle.
Q: ARE ALL CLASSES TAUGHT BY MICHELLE GELLIS?
A: Not all classes. There are guest speakers such as Lonny Jarrett, (spirit of the points on the face), Cameron Bishop (Chinese face reading), and Dr. Kym Caporale (microneedle skincare products).
Q: ARE THERE STUDENT DISCOUNTS?
A: There are no student discounts for the full year program, however, we do offer student discounts those who would like to attend/observe hands-on sessions.
Q: WHAT IF I CAN’T FINISH THE PROGRAM IN ONE YEAR?
A: You may add additional time for incomplete webinars for a small administrative fee.
Q: I’VE ALREADY TAKEN ONE OR MORE OF MICHELLE’S CLASSES, CAN I STILL PARTICIPATE?
A: OF COURSE! As a former student of Michelle’s you will have an opportunity to watch the lectures and videos over and over again to acquire new knowledge, and CEUs.
Q: I’M CONCERNED ABOUT COVID, WHAT PRECAUTIONS ARE YOU TAKING IN YOUR HANDS-ON CLASSES?
A: Currently all students are required to wear an N95 or higher mask AND show proof of vaccination or a negative Covid test not older than 72 hours before participating in a hands-on class.
Q: DO I RECEIVE A DISCOUNT ON THE ADVANCED CERTIFICATE PROGRAM IF I HAVE ALREADY COMPLETED ONE OF THESE CLASSES WITH MICHELLE IN THE PAST?
A: Michelle will be offering discounts on a case-by-case basis for her previous students. Please contact Michelle directly at: email@example.com. Please include which class(es) you took and when/where.
If you would like more information on the program, please use the “contact us” box on our website and we will get back to you promptly.